Dear Michael

Dear Michael,

It's been 2 days since you left us... And I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and how you touched my life. I can't really explain why I'm this sad over somebody that I didn't even know personally, even though we met once...

It was over 10 years ago, but I'll never forget it. I was shopping in Amsterdam and while I was walking towards the Virgin Record Store at the Magna Plaza mall I saw a limo parked outside. I didn't pay too much attention to it, and just went inside to get whatever I was looking for.
I was so shocked when I saw you standing only one isle away from me, checking out Laurel & Hardy videotapes. There weren't that many people around you at all, so I got really close to you. I don't think I even realized back then that I was within a few feet of the most famous person in the whole world. The King of Pop. A true Legend. Not to mention a wonderful, kind and inspirational man.
One of your bodyguards gestured me to move back a little. I'll never forget what he said: "Michael likes his space." I smiled and told him that I did too, but moved away anyway.
And that's when you looked up and smiled at me. A smile that I will never forget.

Losing you felt like losing a big part of my youth. Your songs are the background music to all of my best memories... And it kind of feels like a bulk of wonderful memories got ripped out of my heart when you passed. It hurts like hell.

My brother was also a big fan of yours, and he would play your songs over and over and over again. I remember dancing and singing to the Off The Wall record together, even though I was too small to really know what I was singing about, and probably got all the words wrong since I didn't speak any English yet. My brother would have the white socks and the black shoes and one glove, and he knew ALL your moves. I was so impressed...
He (his name is also Michael by the way) moved to Australia 6 years ago and I miss him terribly. Hearing your songs again and thinking about these days, makes me miss the happiness that we shared together even more. It made me realize once again that those days and my youth are forever gone... I just can't believe that you are too.

I didn't want to believe the news when they reported of your passing. I just couldn't. And wouldn't! I never thought that someone like you would leave us. You should be immortal. Seriously. It's just not fair!

Today I spent a good 4 hours watching music videos and interviews of you, just to "Remember The Time"... I was crying through most of it. I shocked myself about how I know all the lyrics to all your songs! But then again, I do have all your albums in my collection. Even the ones you recorded when you were just a little boy, making music with your brothers. I get so sad when I think of what your family must be going through right now. Especially your kids and of course Janet, who was the closest to you of your siblings... She must be heartbroken. I'm so sorry for her...

I don't have to tell you how big of an inspiration you've been to all the artists out there today. Your music, your moves, and even the way you dressed have changed the world forever. And we will always love you for it!
Not only were you an innovator in the entertainment business, the best selling artist of all times, but you were also a kind hearted man, that donated over 300 million dollars to charity. Something that people seem to forget sometimes.
You had that eternal youth inside of you that made you so adorable and special to fans of all ages. It is no wonder the whole world is in mourning of your loss.

I will miss you so much, Michael, but I am proud to have been able to grow up with you... And I can't thank you enough for sharing your amazing talent with us... And for everything you mean to me! I'm so happy to be a Michael Jackson era baby! You were a blessing from the sky, a God's Gift! And now you're up in heaven, joined by the other great musicians of our time... Pac, Biggie, Aaliyah, Luther... the list goes on...

I "Never Can Say Goodbye", so I won't. Just trust that;
Your music will never leave the airwaves...
Your smile will never leave my memory...
And you will never leave my heart!

Rest in peace, Mike. You finally got your space.


Vicky

3 comments:

HzNKzM said...

This is so beautifully written, right from the heart! It hit me and dropped a tear.. he was really the best of all time.. And will never be forgotten..

Dally said...

May he rest in Heaven and play through those Holy Fields having the childhood he always wanted. His music will live on 4-ever and he will remain to inspire others down here. His work is done and just by seeing this man performing on stage like i did on his Dangerous tour...this energie, knowledge and love he spread and connecting people was so pure and meant he was surely an instrument to SHOW us 'The Love of God!' xxx

Sportsbrite said...

Vicky can you email me at harveyblom@gmail.com, I got your tweet message two months late. Hope all is well

Harvey Blom